Working out in a gym or at your workplace, Fatigue is the threshold when the body becomes tired, and muscles need rest. On taking rest the fatigue is gone completely rather than the condition of Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a human disorder that is defined by fatigue or tiredness. It is a medical condition in which patient experience extreme fatigue conditions which cannot be prevented simply by taking rest. A person affected with CFS gets tired much faster as compared to normal beings, which cannot be tackled with simple rest conditions.
CFS ( Chronic Fatigue Syndrome )
CFS is also referred to as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease (SEID). Usually, CFS appears in a person affected with Viral infection, Stress, Injury, or psychological factors. Since CFS, is caused by many different factors in the body, thus it is difficult to diagnose Chronic fatigue syndrome simply in the system.
Chronic fatigue syndrome usually appears due to any dysfunction in your body. It is not caused alone and becomes difficult to diagnose. CFS is often confused by the fatigue due to any other disease with symptoms of it. It is thus difficult to diagnose that either a person is affected with Chronic fatigue syndrome or the fatigue is just because of any other reason.
Earlier CFS was not considered as a proper medical condition as there are no ways to test a person for Chronic fatigue syndrome. Even in modern technologies, CFS is diagnosed by the doctor’s comparing different symptoms and summing up the results from various tests. However, nowadays, CFS is a worldwide accepted medical condition in the body that is found mostly in the women of the age of 50s. Since it has no direct cure, doctors fight the syndrome by treating the different symptoms of the body.
Causes of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome || CFS
The exact causes for CFS are still unknown. Researchers have deduced many contributing factors that can be the cause and reason for Chronic fatigue syndrome in humans. Medical treatment for CFS is also referred to with different conditions and irregularities that can be seen in the body. Below is the list of factors can be the causes of CFS:
- Viruses: Different Viruses like salmonella and other infections antibodies can cause the pain in muscles leading to CFS.
- Weak Immunity: Food habits and immune power also depends on CFS. The weak immune system can cause weak immunity problems.
- Stress: Stress is basically the reason for many different diseases and side effects in the body. aking extreme stress can also cause you CFS and can make you weak. Stress can also induce Stomach Ache Problems after eating in your body. This could also be the reason for Fatigue Syndrome.
- Hormonal Imbalances: It’s also possible that some people are genetically predisposed to develop CFS. Hormonal imbalance can make your body weak in immunity along with metabolism rates.
- Mostly Chronic fatigue syndrome develops after your body is hit by viral infections. Studies have shown that the effects of CFS are found most when a person is suffering from viral infectious diseases. Below are virus or infections that are also the cause of Chronic fatigue syndrome.
Human herpesvirus 6
Ross River virus
- Medical Associations claims that CFS can be the condition that comes in the end stage of any multiple fevers or medical conditions as the antibodies need more and more energy to make you well.
- People affected by viral viruses as we have stated above usually shows the symptoms of extreme fatigue. People who have been infected from these symptoms many times in a year may have the symptom to show chronic fatigue syndrome.
- The weak immune system also leads to fatigue disorder syndrome and can make you much prone to infectious diseases too.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Symptoms
Most commonly CFS is seen in the people above the age of 40. However, gender also plays an important role. Most women are more likely to get affected with CFS as compared to men. Genetic predisposition, allergies, stress, and environmental factors may also increase your risk.
Below is the list of main symptoms for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome that can be seen commonly in the affected people:
- Symptoms for CFS depends on the individual.
- The most common and the basic feature for CFS is fatigue. It can be daily life pain. For people whose fatigue is lasting for more than 6 months and is not curable by taking rest then they are suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Severe Fatigue and no relief after taking a long rest.
- Constant fatigue in your daily life schedule can also be the symptom of CFS when continuing for more than six months.
- Persons suffering from post Exertional malaise, after carrying any small physical or mental activity can be the cause of CFS.
- Short term memory loss in the common side effect and symptom for fatigue.
- Feeling lazy and sleepy after even taking a nap of 12 hours.
- Insomnia could also be the reason for the CFS disease in your body. It can also induce more symptoms of CFS.
- Joint pain without any signs of swelling or rashes.
- Sore throat after eating can also be injurious for you.
- Swollen lymph, armpits or nose can also be the indication of developing syndrome in your body.
- You may also experience extreme fatigue after physical or mental activities. This can last for more than 24 hours after the activity.
- Women’s can get fatigue feelings during their period cycles. Even after finishing from them they can still feel fatigue for 3-4 more days.
- People experiencing pain or fatigue can see the completely gone symptoms, but if after some time it comes again, then this can be the syndrome.
Diagnostic for Common Fatigue Syndrome
It is one of the most challenging problems in humans that can be diagnosed by doctors. There are no blood or physical tests available to diagnose the disease. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can b diagnosed completely by doctors on testing and making observations for many conditions within the body.
According to the American Institute of Medicine survey conducted in the year of 2018, CFS is found in about 3 million affected from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and with the modern lifestyle & habits, the number is getting bigger every year. They have also concluded that only 40% of people are diagnosed and getting treatment rest are still left untreated.
There is no testing, screening, or labs available by which one can diagnose if the person is suffering from any symptom of fatigue disorders. It totally depends on the doctor’s observational practice and experience that he/she can detect the patient of CFS.
Most of the people affected by CFS, do not seem to be unfit, but still, they can have the symptoms of CFS. In order to be diagnosed with CFS, your doctor will rule out other potential causes and review your medical history with you. They’ll make sure that you have at least four of the above symptoms. They’ll also ask about the duration and severity of your unexplained fatigue.
Many of the symptoms experienced with CFS are similar to symptoms of severe obesity, depression, or sleep disorders. The side effects of certain drugs, such as antihistamines and alcohol, can mimic CFS as well.
Chronic Fatigue Disorder Treatment
Talking for the cure, then there is no cure for Chronic Fatigue Disorder directed by any single medicine. It is because of the fact that CFS is caused due to many different reasons. Since its symptoms are different so the treatment for CFS also varies on a large scale.
We have managed to list the most common symptoms for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, we suggest to still consult your doctor before opting for any treatment related to CFS.
- The starting and the most basic treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome is physiotherapy. Planning the proper exercise with your doctor’s advice will make your ways to treat CFS.
- Any physical, emotional or mental stress can cause CFS in the people above the age of 40. Taking a stress reliever prescribed by a doctor can be helpful in fatigue syndrome or any overexertion to your body.
- Pacing, activity management or schedule in your personal lifestyle can help you to treat CFS without any need of a doctor. You shall set up the mental and physical working limits for your body so that there is no case where you are over exerting your body.
- Keeping the fixed trash hold limits for your body is referred to as Energy Envelope.
- People suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome shall not indulge themselves in vigorous exercises. Working at high pace can cause them acute conditions of body pain.
- Bringing changes in the daily lifestyle will make you treat chronic exhaustion easily.
- Change your sleeping habits. This could be the best way to treat CFS.
- Limiting or eliminating your caffeine intake will help you sleep better and ease your insomnia.
- Create proper sleeping routing. Do not wake up or work for the late hours in the night and simply try to make the same sleeping and wake up time for everyday routine. This will help you to get rid of symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome in the initial stages.
- Stop taking naps in the day time. This could be the reason for insomnia and chronic fatigue in your body.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Medications
Following is the list of medications that are suggested if you are suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. These are just basic medications that are advanced when suffering from CFS.
- There is no fixed method that can treat all the symptoms that shows CFS. However, treating different symptoms differently can solve the problem.
- Many cases say that CFS can be induced within your body in the cases of depression. Any fatigue caused due to depression can be cured using antidepressants.
- Some sleeping aid pills or devices adviced by the doctor can also be the suited medication for fatigue syndromes.
- Any pain related medicine can help you to cure any chronic fatigue symptoms in joints of your body. Pain killers for joint pain can also be helpful in treating CFS. Hip Pain medicines can also be helpful to treat CFS.
- Exercise, cardio, yoga, and massage can be a cure for critical CFS disorders. It is the best way to treat most of the diseases.
- Good eating and timely eating habits can also get you rid of CFS in the cases of fatigue syndrome.