Talking of the nutritional value, then in the modern world, it is important that you take care of all the basic need of your body. Working daily, and the modern lifestyle routine has made our life busy and hectic. And it is getting more and busier scheduled day by day. In these conditions, there are many times when we feel to just grab a bite of pain killer and get relaxed. Cyclobenzaprine is one of the muscle relaxer element which we are discussing in detail in the following article.
CyclobenzaPR aka Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxing drug that is been used as a muscle relaxer, anti-depressant and treat insomnia too. Cyclobenzaprine is a generic medicine that has been registered under the name of Flexeril and Amrix. Also available by the brand names Fexmid and FusePaq Tabradol, Cyclobenzaprine is one of the safe and decently used drugs, which is used to cure pain or discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries all over America and Europe.
About Cyclobenzaprine Pills:
Cyclobenzaprine pills are used as the medication of overall recovery plans and programs. These are the suitable pills when you are about to move into the mode of relaxation or undergoing physical therapy. Talking of the off label treatment, then these relaxing pills are also used in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
How Cyclobenzaprine Works?
CyclobenzaPR effects the central nervous system in the human body. It basically works by blocking or slowing down the impulse signals that carries the feeling of sensation from the muscles to your brain. These pills are thus often used as an antidepressant and therefore they are also referred with tricyclic-Antidepressants. Since Cyclobenzaprine is relaxing drug that blocks down the impulse signals from different parts of the body, these pills may be abused to get high by many.
Approved in 1977 by Food and Drug Administration of United States of America, Cyclobenzaprine is produced under the brand name of Flexiril / Amerix, manufactured by PDRX Pharmaceutical Company, USA.
Cyclobenzaprine Side Effects:
It is suggested that if you have undergone any of the following medication in the past 3 weeks, then you shall not at all look up for taking Cyclobenzaprine Pills. On looking closely to the detailed dosage and warnings, you can get to know that Flexeril side effects can be worse when it gets reacted with other medicines inside your stomach or bloodstream.
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
- Linezolid (Zyvox)
- Phenelzine (Nardil)
- Rasagiline (Azilect)
- Selegiline (Emsam)
- Tranylcypromine (Parnate)
- Combining and mixing any of the above listed MAOI medicines with Flexeril can show quick and serious effects to you which can potentially cause diseases like Paralysis.
- It is strictly advised that the patients that have the history with any of the heart diseases or problems like heart attack, blockage, heart-related surgeries, high blood pressure, etc, then you shall not at all consume Cyclobenzaprine. If you still seek to take this drug, then you shall consult the doctor.
- It is recommended that the people that fall in the age group of above 60 yrs, shall not at all opt for Cyclobenzaprine in any case. We recommend that people that fall in the age group of old, shall avail more sophisticated and advisable health treatments for relaxing their muscles.
- Sedative drugs are more vulnerable to health for the people that are impaired or have any type of organ dysfunction. Drugs like Cyclobenzaprine or Magnesium Oxide are not at all suitable. However, in some cases on the prescription of a doctor, you can opt for the pills.
- Make sure to consult your doctor before taking any cyclobenzaprine pills if you have any of the conditions like depression, seizures, allergies, coughs, or colds, or if you take sedatives, sleeping pills, tranquilizers, or vitamins.
- Also before trying for any of the dosages of cyclobenzaprine, you shall make sure that you have consulted your doctor if you are facing any of the problems like overactive thyroid, glaucoma, or if you’ve ever had difficulty urinating.
- make sure that you have consulted your doctor regarding your plannings regarding any planning of taking cyclobenzaprine medicine, along with all the medications you are taking and the habits of consumption of herbal and natural after products.
Common Side effects of Cyclobenzaprine:
Below is the list of common side effects of cyclobenzaprine that you can experience in the case of initial and temporary overdosage. These side effects can also be the result of reaction with other medicines that you may be taking.
|Drowsiness||Swelling (especially in the face)||Severe dizziness||Heavy sweating|
|Dizziness||Itching||Trouble breathing||Shivering or goosebumps|
|Dry mouth||Rash||Confusion||Loss of muscle coordination or twitching|
|Constipation||Seizures||Agitation or restlessness||Rapid heart rate|
|Fatigue||Fever||Dilated pupils||Severe diarrhea|
|Fast or irregular heartbeat||Chest pain||Headache||Nausea or vomiting|
|Mood or mental changes||Trouble urinating||Changes in blood pressure||Changes in body temperature|
Does Cyclobenzaprine Get You High?
As Cyclobenzaprine is referred with the muscle relaxing drug and controls the impulse stimulation out of mind and nerves, It is often abused to “get high” off this drug. As it shows the effect of drowsiness on consuming in large quantities than normal doses.
Cyclobenzaprine High is caused due to the narcotic effects it contains as this medicine effect out central nervous system. getting high from this pill is a bad choice. We would say that there is a certain thing for certain uses. Taking higher doses of Cyclobenzaprine can cause permanent visual impairment, memory loss, physical impairment, and mental impairment too. It is suggested that you shall not, in any case, use Flexeril or Amerix to get high.
Taking higher doses of cyclobenzaprine can lead you to the significant high, but as such its not high you are seeking. Since this compound slows and blocks down the nerve impulses and effect of receptors, thus you start feeling sleepy and still if you do not go to bed, you come in the stage of getting high.
Cyclobenzaprine again if mixed with other sorts of drugs used for getting high can cause severe psychopathic effects generating suicidal tendencies in your body. We would recommend that you consume cyclobenzaprine only after getting a prescription from a doctor. Do not ever try to overdose the drug and consume as per directions of your physician.
Effects of Cyclobenzaprine During Pregnancy:
If you are in the pregnancy phase, then you shall make sure that you consult the doctor from whom you are taking medication during your pregnancy regarding the consumption of Cyclobenzaprine. You shall only consume this drug during pregnancy if you are been prescribed by your doctor as sort of some pain killer or muscle relaxer. Let your doctor decide whether it is worth taking or not. Also if you have been pregnant and now are a lactating mother, then consumption of Cyclobenzaprine is strictly forbidden. You shall not at all go or opt for the drug as it can reduce or permanently damage the lactogen glands in mothers resulting in loss of lactogen for your breastfeeding baby.
Cyclobenzaprine is taken orally and is available in the form of a tablet or capsule. There are few rules that shall be taken care of is that the dosage shall be taken in limited and prescribed quantities. Following is the list of rules that one shall take care before taking cyclobenzaprine dosage.
- To start with the tablet, usually, the doctor prescribes 5 mg of a tablet daily, three times a day. However, depending upon the pain and the eating habits or medications a person is undergoing 10 mg or 20 mg tablet can also be prescribed by doctors.
- Usually, if you are opting to eat cyclobenzaprine capsules, then you shall also start with a single dose a day. You can increase the dosage depending on your doctor’s advice to get relieved from severe pains.
- Flexeril shall not be taken for a long time. it shall be consumed in short terms. If you feel good after taking the cyclobenzaprine pills, then you can consider taking it for a longer period of time after consulting your family doctor.
- You shall not continue taking the pills for more than two weeks without the advice from your physician.
- Liver patients or old age people are adviced not to consume cyclobenzaprine at all. However, in some cases, many doctors may prescribe you for the drug based on your condition.
- Its dosage shall be taken with a glass of water or fruit juice. make sure that you have taken a meal at least an hour before consuming the pill.
- If in any case, you have missed out your dosage of cyclobenzaprine, then you shall simply take it as soon as you remember. If it is the time of your next dosage by the time you remember to take the missed one, then you shall forget about the missed dosage and move further to continuing dosages.
There are many symptoms that show the overdosage tendencies of cyclobenzaprine. There are various symptoms that are harmful to health and we advise that if you face any of such symptom, then you shall straight away consult a doctor. following are the symptoms of overdose:
- Chest pain: Itchiness or mild pain in the central portion of your chest can rise up.
- Convulsions: In case of convulsions, it is advised that you drink plenty of water.
- Hallucinations: It can be the effect of unusual high that can be caused due to the overdose of cyclobenzaprine. Due to this effect and is craving to get high people may abuse Flexeril to get high.
- Vomiting: You may experience pukish, in such case, it is advised that you simply vomit out the drug from your stomach.
- Rapid heartbeat: Call the doctor immediately if you are feeling and heart related problem or pain. Increased heartbeat can be calm down to normal by simply taking a cold shower.
- Slurred speech: If you suspect an overdose, seek emergency medical attention or call a poison-control helpline at 1-800-222-1222, USA.
Cyclobenzaprine With Other Drugs:
There can be many reactions if you are taking Cyclobenzaprine with any other medicine. Consult your doctor if you are already running in any other medication.
- In a clinical study, it was found that patients of serotonin syndrome (excessive serotonin in the brain leading to a potentially fatal combination of symptoms) shall not consume flexeril, as it can cause fatal reactions inside your brain that may lead to brain seizures.
- If you have consumed antidepressants, opioids, benzodiazepines, nonbenzodiazepines, phenothiazines, certain chemotherapies, or barbiturates, for less then 24 hours, then you shall not at all consume the cyclobenzaprine, until suggested by your doctor.
- Tricyclic antidepressants, like amitriptyline (Elavil) and imipramine (Tofranil), when taken with cyclobenzaprine, then can affect seriously and cause side effects like irritation, rashes, itching, acidity, headache, etc.
- Since Cyclobenzaprine can make you feel drowsy and if you have consumed alcohol then it can take you to further high levels, as it will make you feel more effects of the medicine. It is advised that you never consume the drug with alcohol.