Indigestion, Nausea or Fullness, can be the problem that can be cured easily and may occur in your body. But when you start experiencing stomach Pain After eating then it is certainly the issue that you shall take care off. When the stomach pain rises after you have eaten food and that too in normal amounts then you shall certainly take it seriously.
Mostly stomach ache is caused due to food indigestion and is caused in mild intensity. When the pain is in mild or low intensity then you can easily treat your pain at home by using some daily remedies or you can use some of the drugs available over the counters without the need of a subscription.
However, if your stomach hurts after eating and the pain is serious then there could be some genuine and fatal problems and in such cases, you shall consult the doctor immediately. There are many diseases that can be underlying in your body and growing day by day.
Different Symptoms of Stomach Ache:
There are many reasons and symptoms that can cause stomach pain in your body after eating. Since your stomach is not alone and is connected with many other organs like intestines, liver, pancreas, etc. Severe pain in the stomach can be caused because of the dysfunctioning of any process within your body. First of all, you need to rectify that what type of pain symptom you are facing with your body.
Here is the list of different symptoms of stomach ache after eating that can be fatal and shall be treated immediately:
- Nausea: Food poisoning can be the reason for the pain sensation in your middle stomach.
- Diarrhea: Sensation with paying in the middle of the stomach and loose stool, can be the cause of diarrhea.
- Acid Reflux: Acidity in the stomach can cause the itching inside your stomach.
- Bloating: Tightness and hardness in your stomach.
- Gas: Gastric problems and qualm from the stomach and a pain in intervals.
- Abdominal Cramping: Due to sudden anaerobic respiration in the muscles of your abs or back can cause stomach pain in the upper part of your body or in particular pinch of the body.
- Overeating: Uncomfortable fullness after a meal.
- Upper Abdominal Pain after eating. Enough of Magnesium oxide can also pain in stomach.
- Vomiting: Feeling pukish or starting of vomiting.
- Pain in any portion which has undergone surgery ever.
Causes of Stomach Pain After Eating
There could be different causes of stomach pain after you have done eating. It depends on either your eating habits and consumed diet, or, physical and health conditions of your stomach. Following is the list of different causes that can be the reason your stomach ache:
Allergies from Foods:
All types of foods are not supported by the body in many cases. Or consumption of any food in large quantity and taking an imbalanced diet can cause Allergies. Sometimes many people are allergic to different kinds of food which can cause you stomach pain just after eating the food.
Usually when you eat food which is rusted or your body is allergic to it then soon after it enters your body, the immune system starts clearing any antibodies. This can sometimes cause pain in the stomach. In conditions of common body cold, many foods can be allergic or reactive to your bodies.
Parochialism from Food:
Parochialism from food is basically the food intolerance that causes Stomach Ache just after eating your food. It is the cause of body intolerance to a certain type of food. Thus when you eat such food, your body starts to simply get rid of the food. This can induce the feeling of pain in stomach with vomiting or gastric problems.
The most found case of food intolerance is Lactose Intolerance from dairy products. When a lactose intolerant consumes the dairy products, then it can make their stomach upset to digestion and cause problems, leading to upper abdominal pain after eating.
Celiac disease can be the reason for stomach pain just after you have consumed your food. It is caused by exposure of the body with extra proteins and gluten. Celiac is the lining in the small intestine created due to exposures from protein or gluten, which makes it difficult to digest the nutrients out of your intestine and can further cause you stomach pain just after eating.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a serious disease that is caused by large intestines and is a serious condition for food digestion. in this condition, the food tends to come back to your esophagus, since it cannot get digested in your intestine easily. It can cause acidity in the stomach and can also be irritating most of the times.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
It is also a chronic disease that can cause many problems and induce pain in your stomach immediately after eating your food. The normal symptoms of IBS disease can be:
- Abdominal pain,
- Cramping in Stomach,
- Crohn’s disease
When ulcers develop in the inner lining of your stomach, then it can cause pain too in the stomach. Peptic ulcers are the reason for the pain in the stomach just after eating as the spices in the foods can cause irritation in the ulcers. This can be cured by taking a prescribed medication from a general physician. Peptic ulcers can cause burning and acidity in your stomach.
Artificial Sweeteners in your food like candies or gums contains Sugar Alcohol in it. These sugar alcohols can be harmful to the body as it causes reaction and allergies to many people. These are thus also monitored for quantity in the products by food and Drug Administration of the United States. Eating too many candies or consumption of bubble gums can cause Pain in the stomach as they are not digested by our body and the digestive system wants to get rid of it immediately. It is called Laxative Effect in the Stomach.
It is widely said a healthy tummy is the sigh of a healthy body. Depending on the type of food we are consuming, constipation can be the worst problem that can be faced. It usually starts within a few days of improper diet and then can make you feel ill. in constipation usually the old food starts blotting in your belly and takes time to get digested, where if you consume more food over it, then it can cause severe pain in stomach.
Doctor’s Diagnosis of Stomach Ache:
Usually when the pain in the stomach is mild or low intense then there is no need to be worried about and it can be treated easily by using many home remedies for Stomach Ache. But when the pain in the stomach is in more intensity and is severe in nature, then you shall Immediately Consult the Doctor. Consulting doctor and describing the symptoms can get you prescribed medicine for your pain. But in some conditions, many tests are required to be conducted to diagnose the reason behind your pain.
following are the list of tests that a doctor can conduct to diagnose the reason behind the pain and treat you respectively.
- pH monitoring,
- CT scan,
- Blood tests
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Fecal Sampling for Blood? Should I get my blood fecal sampling Done?
Fecal sampling for blood is basically the test from which you can deduce whether you have allergies or intolerance from any type of food and beverage. This test detects which food habits and items are not good for you.
If you are suffering from Stomach Pain just after eating and this happens often then you shall get your Blood Fecal Test done to deduce if you have any allergies to any of the food items that you are consuming in a regular basis.
What Treatment to take During Stomach Pain?
When the stomach pain starts, we seek for the home remedies and most of the time our pain is gone by the simple home treatment. However, if there is a stomach pain just after eating then it can be the serious condition that shall be treated. Here we have listed some of the treatment to get rid of stomach pain immediately after you have done eating.
- In case of stomach pain, there are many home remedies that will certainly get you free from the pain at home only.
- Try to figure out which food you are allergic to and stop eating that food in your diet. You can get rid of stomach cramps after eating.
- Check if by chance you have consumed any article that is intolerant to your body. if you have consumed any food then you shall drink plenty of water so the food can get out of your body ASAP.
- If you are lactose intolerant, you shall start consuming a lactose-free diet. It can be difficult to make changes in your diet especially when it comes to eliminating the dairy products. Try using the recipes for food that do not need any lactose products in it.
- Sometimes consumption of Gluten is not accepted by the body and it can cause you with diseases too. Get a checkup done for diagnosing of any gluten-related disease like gastroenterologist or celiac diseases. You cannot completely eliminate gluten from your diet and thus you shall start taking it in a controlled manner.
- Pain in Stomach After Eating can be eliminated or treated with some of the medicines that are available over the counter without the need for any prescription from a doctor.
- Try to eat food in proportion. do not attempt to overeating. If done with overeating and started with stomach ache then you shall try to vomit to take the extra food out of your body.
- Avoid any food that causes you problems like gastric burps. Try to pass out any gas forming in your belly, either way, you are preferred.
- Eat a rich diet with a lot of fiber and liquids. It can eliminate upper stomach pain after eating
- Drinking a lot of water is the best way to clean out anything from your body.
- drinking a lot of water can increase your metabolism rate and can get you rid of low to mild stomach pain after eating.
- In place of taking heavy meals, start taking more small meals a day. This will keep you healthy as it eliminates any condition where your body has to work out to digest food in large quantities.
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol intakes.
- Eat more citric fruits as they are accelerators for pumping up the speed of digestion in your body.
- Lie down and rest for some time can be beneficial for you in case of mild and low pain sensations in the stomach.
- Consult Doctor Immediately if you are feeling high intense pain in your stomach.
What Medicine can be taken for stomach ache after eating?
Here is the list of few medications (salts) that can be taken immediately in the case of Stomach Ache. ( these medicines do not require a prescription from a doctor)
- Simethicone: It helps relieve uncomfortable bloating,
- Antacids: It neutralizes stomach acid to reduce burning feelings,
- Acid-reducers: Helps to reduce the production of stomach acid for up to 12 hours,
- Beano: It helps prevent gas,
- Antidiarrheals/Imodium: Helps to stop diarrhea and its associated symptoms,
- Lansoprazole and omeprazole: it blocks the acid production and helps to heal the esophagus when taken daily,
- Pepto-Bismol: Basically it coats the lining of the esophagus to reduce burning and treat nausea and diarrhea,
- Diphenhydramine: It fights symptoms associated with an allergic immune response and helps treat nausea and vomiting,
- Laxatives and stool softeners: They helps to relieve occasional constipation and associated bloating,
- Acetaminophen: helps to relieve pain without irritating the stomach like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen can,
- Probiotics: They aid in overall digestive health by introducing more good bacteria into your system,
- Fiber supplements: help produce normal bowel movements and prevent constipation, though they can cause gas and bloat.